Thursday, November 29, 2012

Life Sucks? Do Something For Someone Else

Sometimes life sucks. You know exactly what I mean. Not one of us living on God’s green earth has led a life without pain, disappointment, suffering or loss. Yes, sometimes life sucks, but there are some things that I have done over the years that have helped me get through some of those times when life sucks.  I could offer a list, but right now I just want to talk about one thing. It has worked for me, and it has worked for others, so if you’re at a moment in your life when it truly does suck, try this: Find some time to do something for someone else. Now I’m not talking about spending 20 or 30 hours a week doing this. I’m talking about just a few minutes a day … if it turns into 20 or 30 hours a week then good for you, but that will be a personal choice.  Here are some ideas that can help you get out of your “life sucks” right now mode, and can make you a more productive person.
Trim your neighbors lawn when they aren’t at home. Don’t tell them you did it unless they ask.
If you have access to it, take your neighbor’s garbage can to the curb on trash day. Yeah, you might have to get up a little earlier than usual.
Call a friend to just say hello. Don’t tell them how your life sucks. Don’t vent. Don’t ask them for a favor. Just tell them you were thinking about them and that you appreciate their friendship.
Give one of those solicitors at the store on on the street a dollar.
Write a post card to someone you’ve not seen in a while.  Follow the rules of the phone call above.
The idea here is to get your mind off of you and your situation; to help you gain new perspective. I’m not talking about changing the world here. I’m talking about changing you. While your pondering the list of things you can do, follow this link that could also help when life sucks.

 http://www.empowernetwork.com/weirdmarketingtricks.php?id=russellwilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment